This contest is now closed. Thank you to all who participated.
Show Us Your Artistry 2020 is here and bringing it back to basics.
SHOW US YOUR ARTISTRY 2020 is here to give you what you need most: the chance to be creative, hone your craft, elevate your career – and did we mention the opportunity to take home $5,000 usd?!
3 winners in each category
GRAND PRIZE WINNER TAKES HOME $5,000 usd +
the title of SHOW US YOUR ARTISTRY WINNER 2020!
1st place – $2,000.00 usd
2nd place – $1,000.00 usd
3rd place – $500.00 usd
The 1st place winner of each category
is entered to win the GRAND PRIZE
for an additional $3,000 usd!
|MICHELLE CHANDLER // PRAVANA General Manager
Michelle Chandler is PRAVANA’s General Manager. Her career in the professional beauty industry began in 2002, and her experience spans across both distribution and manufacturing divisions within the industry. She joined PRAVANA in 2006, where she most recently led the sales and education teams as Senior Vice President. Michelle was appointed general manager for the brand in 2017 and has continued to lead the PRAVANA team towards greater success.
|Anita Hindmarsh // Education Director Australia – Evolve Hair Concepts
Having progressed from salon hairdressing to a company technical role quite early in her career, Anita went on a successful journey in a sales role for one of the hair largest companies in Australia. Anita took the opportunity to join Evolve and launch PRAVANA into the Australian market in 2011 spending time with PRAVANA in the USA prior to launch. After literally hundreds of demonstrations, installations and conducting various colour seminars it is fair to say that Anita has the best technical knowledge of PRAVANA down under…
|Jason Russell // Pivot Point’s Lead Educator
Jason Russell is a licensed cosmetology and barber instructor with over 14 years of experience, providing advanced hair and skincare education to students and educators. He is currently the lead educator for Pivot Point International, the leader in high-quality, ethically sourced, premium mannequins and educational tools. His areas of expertise include preparation and execution of educational programs introducing Pivot Point products, tools and methodologies. Jason has facilitated trainings at ABS, Premiere, CEA and AACS, and has had his work is featured in leading trade media publications.
|Meg Schipani // BehindtheChair.com Visual Editor & Influencer // @shmeggsandbaconn
Megan Schipani, aka @shmeggsandbaconn to her 97.3k+ Instagram followers, is an LA-based creative colorist, BTC’s Visual Editor and a #oneshot Hair Awards judge. “Shmeggs” specializes in photography, shooting and styling both editorial and social media-friendly hair looks, and creative color design. When she is not doing hair, Shmeggs is traveling to educate on international stages with Behindthechair.com.
|KAHH SPENCE // Influencer & Texture Specialist // @kahhspence
Kahh Spence is a Hair Artist & Beauty Expert who creates engaging tutorials & relatable Lifestyle content for his Millennial audience. From being featured as the “Celeb-Approved Stylist” in Elle Canada and amongst the “Top 25 Artists” in Teen Vogue, Kahh is taking the industry by storm!
Kahh recently launched his first solo project, a Beauty line; Kahh Spence Beauty, which features a Unisex Fragrance and Candle. Fully inspired by his late mother, the scent of both products is for everyone of every shape, size, and color all over the world.
Get your MANNIS ready
Need a mannequin? SHOW US YOUR ARTISTRY 2020 is sponsored by PIVOT POINT, the leader in high-quality, ethically sourced, premium mannequins and educational tools.
Visit pivot-point.com and use code SUYA2020 for 25% off your order of mannequins, tripods and holders! (U.S. only)
ENTER SUYA2020 in the promo code field BEFORE PROCEEDING TO CHECKOUT TO RECEIVE YOUR DISCOUNT.
For orders outside the U.S.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, INSTAGRAM, INC.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING) IN THE CONTEST, YOU MUST AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES (COLLECTIVELY, “OFFICIAL RULES”), WHICH CREATE A CONTRACT SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, SUCH CONTRACT INCLUDES GRANTS OF RIGHTS AND INDEMNITIES TO SPONSOR FROM YOU AND MANDATORY ARBITRATION OF DIS- PUTES AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The PRAVANA Show Us Your Artistry Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Thailand, Singa- pore, and Australia who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in their country, state or territory of residence at the time of entry. Entrants must be a licensed professional or registered cosmetology student. The Contest includes five (5) “Sub-Contests” and a Grand Prize, which may have additional eligibility requirements. Employees, officers and directors (and each of their immediate family members (i.e., parents, legal guardians, children, grandparents, grandchildren, spouses or siblings and their respective spouses)) and those living in their same households, whether or not legally related, of PRAVANA (“Sponsor”), and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win the Contest. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges (defined below) and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to the Contest, including, without limitation, interpretation of the Official Rules. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Entry Period. The Contest begins on or about 12:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) on October 26, 2020 and all entries must be received by the Sponsor on or before 12:00pm PT on November 6, 2020, subject to extension by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
3. How to Enter. To enter the Contest, during the Entry Period, visit www.instagram.com or the Instagram App, log into your Instagram account, and: (a) upload a photo or video according to the appli- cable Sub-Contest instructions below; and (b) in the photo or video caption, (i) tag @Pravana; (ii) include the photo or video description as set forth in the applicable Sub-Contest instructions below; and (iii) include the hashtag #PRAVANACONTEST, #PRAVANA and any additional hashtag(s) as set forth in the applicable Sub-Contest instructions below (each, a “Hashtag”). You must be a member of Instagram and your account must be set to the “public” setting in order to participate; joining Instagram is free. Upon uploading your photo or video according to this section, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the applicable Sub-Contest.
a. Sub-Contest 1: VIVIDS. To enter the VIVIDS Sub-Contest, your photo must show a finished look using at least one (1) ChromaSilk VIVIDS, ChromaSilk VIVIDS Neons, or ChromaSilkVIVIDS Pastels shade on a non-synthetic human hair mannequin (non-synthetic hair extensions are permitted). The photo caption must describe the formula breakdown you used on the mannequin, tag @pravana, and include the Hashtags #SUYA2020Vivids, #PRAVANACONTEST, and #PRAVANA.
b. Sub-Contest 2: CHROMASILK. To enter the CHROMASILK Sub-Contest, your photo must show a finished look using at least one (1) Chromasilk Permanent Creme Hair color, ChromaSilk VIVIDS Everlasting, ChromaSilk ColorLush, or ChromaSilk Express Tones shade on a non-synthetic human hair mannequin (non-synthetic hair extensions are permitted). The photo caption must describe the formula breakdown you used on the mannequin, tag @pravana, and include the Hashtags #SUYA2020Chromasilk and #PRAVANAContest.
c. Sub-Contest 3: PURE LIGHT. To enter the PURELIGHT Sub-Contest, your photo must show a finished look using at least one (1) of the PURE LIGHT Ultra Lightener, PURE LIGHT Power Lightener, PURE LIGHT Crème Lightener, or PURE LIGHT Balayage Lightener on a non-synthetic human hair mannequin with a starting level of seven (7) or darker. Mannequins starting at a level eight (8), nine (9), or ten (10) will not be permitted. The following are all acceptable starting levels to showcase lightening artistry and talent: (i) level seven (7) blonde or dark blonde; (ii) level six (6) dark blonde or light brown; (iii) level five (5) light brown or brown; (iv) level four (4) brown or dark brown; (v) level three (3) dark brown or darkest brown; (vi) level two (2) darkest brown; and (vii) level one (1) black. The photo caption must describe the formula breakdown you used on the mannequin, tag @pravana, and include the Hashtags #SUYA2020PURELIGHT, #PRAVANACONTEST, and #PRAVANA.
d. Sub-Contest 4: VIDEO. To enter the VIDEO Sub-Contest, upload a video highlighting your creative journey for your finished look on a non-synthetic human hair mannequin. Your video must be at least thirty (30) seconds long and cannot exceed sixty (60) seconds in length. The video caption must tag @pravana and include the Hashtags #SUYA2020Video, #PRAVANACONTEST, and #PRAVANA.
e. Sub-Contest 5: TEXTURE. To enter the TEXTURE Sub-Contest, your photo must show a finished look using any coloring product from the PRAVANA portfolio (Chromasilk Creme Hair color, Chromasilk Vivids, Chromasilk Neons, Chromasilk Pastels, Chromasilk Vivids Everlasting, Chromasilk ColorLush, Chromasilk Express Tones, Pure Light Power Lightener, Pure Light Ultra Lightener, Pure Light Balayage Lightener, Pure Light Crème Lightener) on a non-synthetic human hair mannequin (non-synthetic hair extensions are permitted). “Texture” is defined by natural or artificial bend to the hair—smooth or straight hair does not qualify for the texture category. The photo caption must describe the formula breakdown you used on the mannequin, tag @pravana, and include the Hashtags #SUYA2020Texture, #PRAVANACONTEST, and #PRAVANA.
For the purpose of the Contest, a submission is a photograph or video uploaded to Instagram that follows the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed in these Official Rules. A sub- mission may in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion be rejected if it fails to follow the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed in these Official Rules. All eligible submissions to the Contest will be an entry in the Contest. Proof of uploading to Instagram does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry by Sponsor. Those who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, forged or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the e-mail account associated with the Instagram account from which it was sent but only if such person is otherwise eligible. The “account holder” is the person assigned an e-mail address or service by the organization responsible for assigning addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Winner(s) may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. If a dispute cannot be resolved to the Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor and affiliated entities are not responsible for lost, misdirected, misplaced, stolen, tampered with, deleted, or invalid entries. Assurance of delivery of entries is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
4. Submission Content Guidelines. Submissions that do not meet the following “Content Guidelines” are subject to disqualification at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion: • Submitted entries must be stylized, and finished images. Please do not include watermark on submitted images. Grid style or mirrored images will not be accepted.
- Light retouching is acceptable. Highly filtered and retouched images will only be accepted at PRAVANA’s discretion.
- Except for materials that are in the public domain, each submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the entrant and suitable for presentation in a public forum.
- Submissions must not have been submitted previously in any contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any
means, including through social media.
- Except for materials in the public domain, submissions must include only materials created by the entrant and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights or other of any other person or
entity. Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not include materials, im- ages, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties. Do not depict or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your submission and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor. Entries that contain brand names, trademarks or company logos may be disqualified, however, Sponsor understands that some mannequins feature their trademark or logo prominently and it may be difficult to exclude.
- Submissions must not include material that: (a) is sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (b) is derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, (c) invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, (d) is unlawful, (e) contains viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest; and/or (f) is disparaging to Sponsor or is inconsis- tent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
- Each submission should not reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual except as necessary to establish permission from any individuals that appear in the submission.
- No background artwork should appear in the submissions unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in submissions must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein.